Sunday 5 October 2008

Life and Birth

Born Again
I'm a survivor - one of the lucky ones.
I've made it here and I've come out strong!
A second chance I have been given
All thoughts of doom have now been riven!

I take each moment, each hour, each day
And on my knees I daily pray.
Thank you for this gift of life
I will not waste it come what may!

No more misery, pain or sorrow
I'll take with both hands another tomorrow.


Retirement
So life begins at forty I think to myself!
My life began at sixty and wasn't due to wealth
Work is now a forgotten word
And in my life is never heard!
I laugh, have fun and time to play
Perhaps I'll visit a friend today!
I can stay at home and do what I like
Or get my boots on and go for a hike!
I wake up each day feeling inspired!
Oh what joy since I retired!


by Von

No comments: